Labour Force Survey (Q1)
The Continuous Labour Force Sample Survey (CLFSS) as undertaken by the BSS (by law, under the provisions of the Statistics Act CAP 192) collects on a continuous, quarterly basis current socio-economic data from persons in randomly selected households across Barbados. It obtains data on the adult population, 15 years and over, who may be in the Labour Force (employed and unemployed) or classified as Inactive (i.e. not in the Labour Force). It covers the civilian non-institutional population of the island.
Reasons for conducting the Survey:
- To determine the National Employment, Unemployment and Underemployment levels and rates in the country.
- To look at the distribution of skills / professions in the different sectors of the economy and inequalities in the distribution of wealth, income and living conditions of households throughout the country.
- To supply statistical information to users for social and economic planning and for the determination of related needs and targets.
The most common users are: government ministries and departments, political parties unions, economic planners, researchers, international donor countries or bodies (e.g. UN, IDB, CDB, UK, USA), interested individuals, etc.
This survey begins in the second week of the quarter and ends the third week of the quarter.
- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: 11 Jan 2024 - 18 Mar 2024
- Go to occurrence page
- 11 Jan 2025 - 19 Mar 2025