Index of Industrial Production
The Index of Industrial Production (IIP) is an economic indicator used to gauge the productivity of a country over a period of time. It measures the relative change in the production of Industrial commodities. The measurement is related to a fixed year, which is referred to as the base-year. The base-year is normally expressed in the form 1994=100.
The commodities or products are classified under the following headings: Mining and Quarrying, Manufacturing, Electricity, Water and Gas generation.
The source of data for the Index is the monthly Survey of Production and Sales. This covers the major establishments within each industry group and provides data on the output indicators used in the Index. Selection of establishments surveyed is based on the establishments' contribution to Net Value Added as derived from the Industrial Census 1994. It is the difference between an establishment’s gross receipts (i.e. the value of its products sold plus all tangible income received from other sources) and its intermediate consumption (which is, the value of raw materials used plus expenditure on other goods and services utilized).
The Index is calculated primarily on the fixed base method, according to Laspeyres formula - i.e. as a base-weighted average of quantity relatives.
- December IIP 2018 (PDF, 890kb)
- November IIP 2018 (PDF, 879kb)
- October IIP 2018 (PDF, 883kb)
- September IIP 2018 (PDF, 882kb)
- August IIP 2018 (PDF, 874kb)
- July IIP 2018 (PDF, 798kb)
- June IIP 2018 (PDF, 786kb)
- May IIP 2018 (PDF, 779kb)
- April IIP 2018 (PDF, 737kb)
- March IIP 2018 (PDF, 766kb)
- February IIP 2018 (PDF, 687kb)
- January IIP 2018 (PDF, 753kb)
- Dec IIP 2017 (PDF, 786kb)
- Nov IIP 2017 (PDF, 785kb)
- Oct IIP 2017 (PDF, 768kb)
- Sep IIP 2017 (PDF, 756kb)
- Aug IIP 2017 (PDF, 764kb)
- July IIP 2017 (PDF, 754kb)
- June IIP 2017 (PDF, 766kb)
- May IIP 2017 (PDF, 778kb)
- Apr IIP 2017 (PDF, 747kb)
- Mar IIP 2017 (PDF, 811kb)
- Feb IIP 2017 (PDF, 811kb)
- Jan IIP 2017 (PDF, 798kb)
- Information will soon be uploaded.
- Index of Industrial Production Methodology (PDF, 206kb)
- International Recommendations for the Index of Industrial Production 2010 (IRIIP 2010) (PDF, 1377kb)
- Production & Sales Questionnaire (PDF, 195kb)